Excel 2013: The Missing Manual
Most people don’t need much convincing to use Excel, perhaps the world’s premier spreadsheet software. Its overwhelming popularity, especially in the business world, makes it the obvious choice for millions of number crunchers. But despite its wide use, few people know where to find Excel’s most impressive features or why they’d want to use them in the first place. Excel 2013: The Missing Manual fills that void, explaining everything from basic Excel concepts to the fancy tricks of the trade. In it, you’ll learn how to:
- Navigate with ease. Master Excel’s tabbed toolbar and its backstage view.
- Perform a variety of calculations. Write formulas for rounding numbers, calculating mortgage payments, and more.
- Organize your data. Search, sort, and filter huge amounts of information,
- Illustrate trends. Bring your data to life with charts and graphics–including miniature charts called Sparklines.
- Examine your data. Summarize information and find hidden patterns with pivot tables and slicers,
- Share your spreadsheets. Use the Excel Web App to collaborate with colleagues online.
- Rescue lost data. Restore old versions of data and find spreadsheets you forgot to save.
- Master new features. Use the innovations of Excel 2013, from the time-saving Flash Fill feature to the new data model that lets you analyze the numbers in millions of database records.